[OSM-talk] open source gps logger + map viewer?

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Fri Jan 19 21:18:28 GMT 2007

On Friday 19 January 2007 21:42, norbert--h at web.de wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to start mapping for osm. I have been looking for free
> software for Pocket PCs (T-Mobile MDA) that allows GPX data export. As far
> as I can see the shareware programs linked by osm all have some strong
> limitations like 8 minutes time limit or the like.
>
> Does no open source software exist that
> - logs GPS data and exports as GPX

I use gpxlogger with gpsd for this

> - displays GPS tracks (on top of any background image)

What about GpsDrive

> - displays SVG maps, possibly with extra functions like finding streets?

Sorry not Yet :-(

But if displaying OpenStreetmap Data is enough you can try the current svn
Version of GpsDrive.

> If some software is capable of partial tasks, I'd like to improve that
> software. But where do I start?

Well welcome to the gpsdrive developers list ;-)

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
TeamSpeak2: ts2.ostertag.name, user: tweety, Channel: "GPS Drive"
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm
Tel.: +49 89 420950304