[OSM-talk] advertising

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 20:42:19 BST 2007

On 7/1/07, Nick Black <nickblack1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Only Foundation members can vote in elections for officers.  No
> Foundation membership, no vote.  The Foundation officers that were
> available, were consulted about the adverts before they were
> integrated.  If people don't want to join the Foundation and
> participate in its democratic processes, they can't really complain
> when the Foundation makes a descision they disagree with.

As of yesterday, the only thing I knew about Foundation "Full"
membership was, and I quote;

"Once the principal officers of the foundation have been elected they
will determine the classes of membership and the basis for such
membership."

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=Foundation&oldid=14251

But now it appears that my lack of foundation membership means that I
didn't even know that I had to be a foundation member to (wait for
it,...) even know that I had to be a member to hear about this kind of
thing. That sucks.

Andy