[OSM-talk] advertising

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Jul 2 15:15:41 BST 2007

In message <223020e60707020707q5cc81075ie8e50ded5c08a760 at mail.gmail.com>
        Nick Black <nickblack1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> OSMF was never intended to be the 'UK voice' or 'UK whatever' of OSM.
> If it has become that way, its because there is little interest in the
> Foundation from people outside of the UK.
>
> In actual fact, we looked into setting up the Foundation from an
> offshore base - investigating the Isle of Man and maybe some other
> places.  In the end, we chose the UK through convenience - two of the
> three officers were based in the UK, and you've got to have a bank
> account somewhere.  Additionally, the secretary of the Foundation,
> Imi, is German.
>
> How do the list feel about holding an AGM, to discuss these and other
> foundation related issues at some point soon?

As a limited company is there not an obligation to hold AGMs?

Perhaps it would help if the articles and/or memorandum of association
were made available somewhere (to foundation members if not everybody) so
that people could see the precise legal basis of the foundation and it's
aims etc?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)