[OSM-talk] OSM on Mobile Phones (and beyond!)

tim chippy2005 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 23:04:12 BST 2007

Hi,

In preparation for my talk at SOTM on "OSM on Your Phone", I'd like to
know if you've come across, used, or have thoughts on Openstreetmap
with mobile phones.

Show of hands, ideas, thoughts, experiences and hacks, recording
tracks, displaying maps on common Java enabled phones,
embedded/bluetooth GPS, on newer smart phones, whatever!

Ideas about how the iphone (when it gets a GPS chip) or the cooler
OpenMoko phone (it has one already) and openstreetmap would be great
too!

For example, in addition to collecting gpx traces and displaying
rendered maps, I could have osm data editing on-the-fly as I walk down
the road. Also, I'm thinking it would be great to be able to tell if,
when I'm on a street/area, if that street/area has already been mapped
via text.....

Cheers,

Tim