[OSM-talk] advertising

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:19:07 BST 2007

On 7/3/07, Stefan Baebler <stefan.baebler at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, keep the integrity of the shown maps by moving the ads off of it!

Huh? Do you think that a newspaper only has integrity only if it runs
without ads. Do you think public broadcasters (eg the BBC) lose
integrity by running ads?

Integrity is related to how you behave, not to the presence or
otherwise of ads. We've had ads for ages, I really don't see how these
are any different (except for the fact they're almost completely
useless). Integrity comes about by being honest. Stick a notice about
how you need the money from the advertisements and list the ways to
get rid of them (I can think of at least three ways).

Have a nice day,