[OSM-talk] Potlatch and merging ways

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Tue Jul 3 20:55:17 BST 2007

Hi all,

I think a pretty nasty bug has appeared in Potlatch a couple of days
ago.  I had it happen to me a couple of times now that when merging
two ways (by shift-click on an endpoint while drawing) the second way
gets deleted as it should, but the first one does not get extended.

When downloading the data into JOSM the second half is just not
there while it is still shown in Potlatch.  I then tried to insert
another node into the missing part of the way.  This node gets
uploaded and does show up in JOSM, but the way is still incomplete.
When I try to delete that node in JOSM I get error 412 "Precondition
failed".

That's how far I got with my investigation so far.

Matthias