[OSM-talk] advertising, Money: for which purpose and how much?

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:31:24 BST 2007

> MySQL replication over the net is possible but there will invariably
> more hiccups than if it's running in the same LAN. Performance of the
> main server could be adversely affected if there's network congestion,
> and there's a danger of people becoming hostile to the whole idea of
> replication because of that.

What we want is *asynchronous* replication. We don't want the main
server to ever have to wait for anything else.

As for the turnaround time, most of the serious downloading is
happening due to renderers and such. They don't care about 2 minutes
delay. I think even if we keep editors using the main server we'll
still end up with significant traffic reduction...

Have a nice day,