[OSM-talk] collective and derived work - a real world example

Wed Jul 4 15:19:41 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> If the copyright holders of the other layer data have agreed to this,
> I see absolutely no reason why your plan should not work.
>
> CC-BY-SA "infection" works forwards only - derived products have to
> be licensed CC-BY-SA. No part of CC-BY-SA postulates that other
> components used together with a CC-BY-SA licensed content must
> somehow "reversely" become CC-BY-SA.

You are saying that just the movie must be CC_BY_SA while the underlying
data, statistics, etc which were used to create that movie need not be
relicensed or be published, right? In that case, this would probably not
be a problem for the authorities involved...

I'm just being a bit thick and slow today, sorry.

Spaetz