[OSM-talk] talk Digest, Vol 35, Issue 32

Yann yann.hamon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:38:45 BST 2007

On 7/4/07, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:

> I said that the primary need is so that we can keep the servers running.
>
> Given that we just appear to have been dumped with a couple of whole
> countries worth of data I think we'll be needing as much server power, disk
> space and memory as we can lay our hands on pretty damn soon now.
>
> Oh, and there's talk on IRC at the moment about the urgent need for some
> wiki-like functionality so that the integrity of all this newly donated data
> doesn't get degraded by vandalism and so that edits can be monitored much
> more closely in those areas.

Ok, so let's say 1800£? That should be enough for 2 *good* servers on ebay,
maybe with warranty.
Can we have your word that you will get the ads off if that amount is
reached, or if we find another ways to find servers? BTW, how can I get
involved in managing/monitoring the soservers? Tuning mysql and apache
configurations would make sense before buying hardware. I tried mailing
steve (twice) and mailed the dev mailing list, seems there is no way I can
get an answer. Steve, if you hear me, you know how to contact me ;)

Cordially,
Yan Hamon