[OSM-talk] AND donate entire street network of Netherlands to OSM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 5 09:29:24 BST 2007

Hi,

> But, especially here, especially with this reply, maybe it could
> prove more useful to try to hold off on replies like this, take
> some deep breaths, re-read what has been said and try to respond in
> a much calmer way... Please try to calm down a little, it's good
> that you are so passionate about the project,

I'd go a bit further and say: Behaviour like this overshadows any
positive fruits one is contributing.

If it weren't Our Great Founder And Director Of OSMF, we'd probably
show him the door in no time. Imagine someone new to the project,
bringing with him valuable assets but at the same time asking for the
right to call anyone a fuckwit who dares to question these. I'd say,
take your assets elsewhere.

Steve, if you go on like this, you are a liability for the project. I
suggest you retire from OSM, and set up a similar project led by a
commercial entity, with paid contributors, owned by you. Then you can
treat your employees any way you like.

You say "people like me could work more on OSM if..." - I am not even
interested in you working more for the project. You're doing too much
already, you think the project would go nowhere without you. Working
more will only add to this misconception.

Bye
Frederik