[OSM-talk] IBM Thinkplace Proposal

tim chippy2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:41:38 BST 2007

A very interesting proposal, one that has revelance towards GIS and
developing countries ( have a look at http://www.web2fordev.net also)

I like the idea of a replication server (but probably isn't needed at
this point)

I agree with Steve's comment about increasing training in the use of
GPS and mapping.

How to you envisage people using SMS? To add data? Would they have a
gps unit with them?

Using j2me enabled mobile phones with bluetooth gps may be one way to
utilise mobiles fully.

regards,

Tim