[OSM-talk] advertising

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Jul 6 12:02:52 BST 2007

In message <111C9194-8DD8-4A7C-90F5-442B1D8E4D57 at remote.org>
        Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

>> Stefan Baebler wrote:
>>
>>> b) There should be a friendly way to hide the ad layer, or users
>>> *will* find one.
>>
>> Go to the layer control in the top right and deselect 'mappam'.
>
> Seems like the programming gurus at OSMF, un-tiringly working for the
> project's benefit, have found a way to remove this choice in the mean
> time.

I imagine the programming gurus at mappam are responsible actually
rather than any at OSMF. The javascript that drives it is loaded from
mappam.com so I imagine they changed that to set the displayInLayerSwitcher
property of the layer to false.

I was rather surprised that they hadn't done that to start with ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/