[OSM-talk] does OSM currently really need more Money?
openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Fri Jul 6 16:59:41 BST 2007
> If OSM needs money put the amount and the intended use on the donations
> page in the wiki, or the main page, so everybody could see it.
I tried to get this answer already, but was not successfull.
But maybe ....
- I looked at the wrong place ...
Maybe I'd have to dig the WiKi, ...
- I had a problem with my Spam filters.
6000 Spam mails a day hitting the filters might produce
some losses. Even with less than 1/10000 false positive, this would be
more than 2 lost mail a week. It's possible ...
Maybe this results in a negative attitude against all
kinds of Advertisement.
- I never realized a real Statement about what we (the OSM Project)
currently really needs.
I'm really missing something like:
we need a new Rackserver for creating mapnik tiles
with Quad-CPU, 4Ghz, 500GB HDD, 16GB RAM
and it costs 5.000,- Euros
- The OSM-Project itself currently dons not really need more Hardware.
- The OSM project itself currently has enough Money.
More information about the talk