[OSM-talk] Square

Jonas Svensson jonass at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jul 8 09:49:56 BST 2007

I can't find anything in map features about a (town) square and
can't remember what has been said about it earlier. Any suggestions
on how to tag such a place? amenity=square or place=square maybe?
I think many squares in cities are used to meet and as reference
point when talking so they should probably be on the map, right?

I am mostly thinking of places like Trädgårdstorget or Stora torget
in Linköping. Maybe someone else can translate better if I wasn't
clear.

/Jonas