[OSM-talk] Advertising debate held hostage by Wittgenstein

Barry Smith barry at bettersoftware.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 08:46:07 BST 2007

I've been mapping for about 6 months in West Oxfordshire UK, since I found
OSM after developing my own GPS software. I've had negative reactions, from
one member of OSM in particular, and my initial reaction was to withdraw and
go away.

However after cooling down I reconsidered and am now back on the "fringe" of
the community.

It seems to me that Steve has put more than most into this project, and it
probably would not exist today, but for him. He is obviously very committed
to OSM.

We all react badly sometime to criticism and negativity, me more than most.
So the occasional "Dumbwit" or "dumb fuck" should be taken for what it
hopefully was - someone "venting" frustration. He probably regretted it a
split second after hitting the send key.

Lets just forgive and forget and get on with it, and stop throwing "toys out
of the pram".

Steve "Fucking" good job with OSM  - keep it up.

Regards

Barry