[OSM-talk] technical question

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 9 09:52:51 BST 2007

Hi,

>> City/village borders are not rendered.
>
> True, but the city names are. In my case the city names in question do
> not show up.

City/village names are only rendered if "place=village,name=..." is
attached to a *node*. You have attached it to an *area*, and
Osmarender is currently unable do calculate the centre point of an
area to put text there. A common workaround is to put an extra node
inside your area.

> Thanks for that hint, it answers my next planned question ;-)
> What should industrial areas been tagged with?

landuse=industrial

Bye
Frederik