[OSM-talk] Tag frequencies

Mon Jul 9 13:21:22 BST 2007

I whipped up a quick tag frequency counter to find out which tags are
really used. The results based on the latest planet are here, in case
you want to have a quick glance at them:
http://sspaeth.de/~spaetz/frequency_070704.txt
(the script is in the same dir). It's sorted least to most popular....

I plan to extent this one, to actually show whether they are part of a
node or a way. Plus I want to show a histogram of the top key values for
each tag. This way people can see from real world examples what is being
used.

I know tons of people must have done that already, it is really just an
exercise to get my python foo back in shape.

spaetz