[OSM-talk] I've removed segments from the map features wiki page

Nicola Ranaldo ranaldo at unina.it
Mon Jul 9 14:13:49 BST 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 14:58:49 Tom Chance wrote:
> Ahoy,
>
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 14:39:48 +0200, Nicola Ranaldo <ranaldo at unina.it> wrote:
> > Sorry if i repeat an old question.
> > If i have a way with the last few segments tagged as one_way=yes, how may
> > i reproduce this scenario without segments tagging?
>
> Split the way into two smaller ways, and tag the one way part
> appropriately. JOSM has a "split way" function, download the latest version
> if you can't see it.

Ok, but how renderers, editors and other softwares may recombine them?
Suppose i have a very long motorways, i may split them in a big number of ways
to tag the varying number of lanes. It could be difficult to add a tag to the
entire set of ways if software does not have a topological reference to them.
It could be a problem to show names and refs too or to evaluate the lenght of
a way and so on.
Just some considerations.

regards

	Nicola Ranaldo