[OSM-talk] Showing access restrictions on the slippy map

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Jul 9 23:09:36 BST 2007

Ahoy,

About six months ago I created a ticket on trac concerning access restrictions
on the slippy map:

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/364

What do people think about representing these restrictions?

Having thought about it a little I'm stumped, because sometimes the
restrictions are quite important (plan your walk down that path and you'll
get shot at by an angry farmer) whilst other restrictions are pretty trivial
(little dead-end residential roads that have 'private' signs on them).

By the by, there are lots of old tickets on trac gathering dust. It would be
good to see more discussion, or more of an indication that they're
acknowledged and due to be dealt with. I've given up on creating new tickets
because it feels a bit like talking to my sofa.

Kind regards,
Tom

--
| Green Party Speaker on Intellectual Property and Free Software |
| http://tom.acrewoods.net    ::    http://www.greenparty.org.uk |