[OSM-talk] State of the Map talk and OS copyright question

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Tue Jul 10 09:54:47 BST 2007

Hello everyone,

As part of my SOTM session I'd like to use an example of some of the
advantages of OSM mapping versus Ordnance Survey, using the Lake District
mapping weekend as an example. What I propose to do is show a Freemap or
Osmarender map of the area and mark on - for the purposes of the talk - the
position of the footpaths according to the OS.

I guess this is technically breaking copyright but would it be OK just for the
purposes of the session? It would be a bit difficult to illustrate the point
otherwise.

Thanks,
Nick