[OSM-talk] Survey: How to pay the OSM bill

Etienne treasurer at openstreetmap.org
Thu Jul 12 16:32:12 BST 2007

The Foundation has been working hard in this area.  We are in the final
stages of discussions that should come to fruition very soon.

I hope that we will be able to make a detailed announcement about this on
Saturday at the SotM conference.  Obviously I cannot disclose details until
the discussions have been finalised, other than to reassure the community
that there will be no downside.

Now that people are starting to get a first look at the AND data I would be
really interested in how much additional server capacity is likely to be
needed.  Conservatively I would expect it to at least double the size of our
current database with a corresponding impact on the time it takes to
generate planet files etc.  Does anyone have any hard figures on this yet?

I think we need to start understanding what the impact will be and plan the
hardware that will be needed to support it.

Etienne