[OSM-talk] Deprecation/move of incorrect tags

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Fri Jul 13 02:08:58 BST 2007

Alex L. Mauer schrieb:
> I'd like to propose the deprecation of the following "highway" values:
>
> steps (move to properties: steps=yes)
> mini_roundabout (move to junction=mini_roundabout)

Two ACKs. BTW: Thanks for helping in cleaning up stuff, I do appreciate
it ;-)
> The following do not belong in highway in my opinion, but I have no
> better place for them at the moment; any suggestions?:

Finding a better place might be the harder part :-(
> bridleway

Don't know where to put that in
> cycleway

We already have cycleway=track, so is this redundant?
> footway

Don't know where to put that in
> services

Probably should stay in highway, think of it as service stations at
motorways, may even have a dedicated exit nr.
We also have motorway_junction and probably another one shortly, so this
one seems fine to me.
> incline

move to properties: incline=10%, probably also add another one
decline=10%. incline only is not enough, as the direction of the
segments of oneway's might need to be different than the "direction" of
the incline
> incline_steep

remove completely, use incline with a percent value only
> viaduct

special case of a bridge, which is already a property - move to
properties? This would also remove railway=viaduct as well
> bus_stop

while we need this tag, I'm still not sure how I actually have to *use*
it. Simply a node in the highway or some small highway=service
explicitly to/from it?

What I find strange here is to have bus_stop (only a halt) under highway
and bus_station (a bigger station) under amenity.

Regards, ULFL