[OSM-talk] parking garage

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Fri Jul 13 05:31:49 BST 2007

D Tucny schrieb:
> On 13/07/07, *Dirk-Lüder Kreie* <osm-list at deelkar.net
> <mailto:osm-list at deelkar.net>> wrote:

>     Stephen Gower schrieb:
>     >           I agree multistory carparking should be distingushed
>     >   from open air parking, and agree your suggested rendering "P
>     with a
>     >   ^ over" is good, but I think this should be a new key that varies
>     >   the existing amenity=parking key, for "backwards compatibility".
>     >   It should also distinguish single floor but underground parking.
>     >   We perhaps should also have an indication of the total number of
>     >   spaces at a location.  Any suggestion for key names for these?
>
>     amenity=parking
>     type=open_air|multistory|underground
>     capacity=N
>
>     or
>
>     amenity=parking
>     parking=open_air|multistory|underground
>     capacity=N
>

> public=yes|true|no|false?
> free=yes|true|no|false?
> operator=text (e.g. NCP/Council/Sainsburys)?

As some people don't like underground parking or park garages, we should
render them differently than open air parking areas - as already
mentioned. Are all renderers able to distinguish rendering by these
label combinations? At least mappaint can't do this, but once I got
things going in mappaint development, I'll try to change this.

BTW: parking=singlestory (only one area but "roofed" - anyone with a
better name) is missing?

Regards, ULFL