[OSM-talk] Deprecation/move of incorrect tags

Ian Sergeant isergean at hih.com.au
Fri Jul 13 06:10:35 BST 2007

"Alex L. Mauer" <hawke at hawkesnest.net> wrote:
> My thought exactly.

> Perhaps the access tag needs a value "highway" to indicate that level of
> access, with "yes" meaning it's officially allowed, but not legally
> enshrined (i.e. that privilege could be taken away without changing the
law)

I am sorry, but I still think that  "officially allowed, but not legally
enshrined", as opposed to a "right-of-way" enshrined in law, is a
distinction that is a very subtle one at best.  It may only be relevant in
England, and even then possibly only to legal scholars rather than
cyclists.

Ian.