[OSM-talk] Yahoo approves of JOSM plugin (does it require manual adjustment)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 16 00:09:12 BST 2007

Hi,

> We've been discussing
> about the tags that the plugin need to enter automatically to identify
> changes made with Yahoo imagery when it is visible

I do not think that a plugin doing a mere background display should
automatically insert *anything*. Leave this to the user - the WMS plugin
doesn't automatically add "Landsat" either.

> But I don't know how JOSM could know what was added from imagery and
> what is not.

The user can decide that himself. (And if he should decide not to tag
something "source=Yahoo" then who are we to tell him otherwise?)

> Maybe adding a "source" tag for Yahoo only for new nodes
> added above a downloaded area... What about existing nodes adjusted with
> the imagery?

Current policy is to leave the source in place, but I have on occasions
already removed source tags on nodes when I made big changes and it
seemed wrong to blame the original source for my work ;-)

Again, don't force anything on the user. We're not doing that in other
areas either.

Bye
Frederik