[OSM-talk] Potential problems moving/depreciating map features tags.

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon Jul 16 09:28:58 BST 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 10:16, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >> I think we should alter the proposal process for new features to
> >> state
> >> that details about rendering must be part of the proposal. So, for
> >> icons an example should be included, for roads a CSS snippet.
>
> [...]
>
> >> This would make it easier for renderers to include new features,
> >> since
> >> they don't then need to make them thmselves...
> >
> > Yes definitely, this would make it much much easier for the people
> > doing the
> > rendering stuff to add new features. And this also might shorten
> > the time it
> > takes until new features will be rendered.
>
> We can do that, however it must be clear that this can only ever be a
> suggestion

Definiteley!
But if you have a good suggestion to start with it sometimes makes live so
much easier. Especially talking of Icons.

The person(s) suggesting a new feature could also state on which maps this
feature would make sense to render. For example car-maps, biker-maps,
horse-riding-maps, walkers-maps, ...

-

Joerg