[OSM-talk] Potential problems moving/depreciating map features tags.

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Mon Jul 16 14:10:49 BST 2007

David <thewinch at gmail.com> writes:

> It could even make use of the data on the map features page such as
> render examples and photos and perhaps even parse the page
> periodically so the user stays upto date with new tags.

I don't usually consider parsing a web page to extract information a
good idea.  It would be better if the information was stored in a DTD
file or in a database with a defined API.  From that the Map Features
page could be aasembled and editors and validators could easily access
the information.

Matthias