[OSM-talk] Tagging university roads

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Jul 16 15:04:12 BST 2007

At 08:27 PM 14/07/2007, Alex L. Mauer wrote:
>maning sambale wrote:
>> How do you tag roads within the university or college?  Most roads
>> here are accessible by public transport during the day but is
>> restricted during the night.  Some roads may have access to private
>> vehicles.
>
>I've tagged them as "service".

Ditto.  I typically do all roads in hospitals, supermarket car parks, hotel resorts and closed industrial estates this way.  I also try and mark the gate(s) where I can; I understand this will be rendered nicely in the next version of OSMarender about to be released.

You might also want to use the access=private or access=permissive tags

Mike