[OSM-talk] Tagging university roads

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue Jul 17 00:18:58 BST 2007

Adam Schreiber wrote:

> The roads on my university's campus are 2 lane roads (~16 ft) with
> solid double lines.  I have no idea what constitutes a C road in the
> UK but if the above doesn't fit I suppose unclassified would be a
> better fit than service.

Well, like I said "unless they're bigger than unclassified" -- the way
you'd written it, it sounded like the two sets of roads you'd listed
were the same, with the exception that some were restricted access.

All the university-specific roads at the university in my city fit the
description for service (specifically "access to a building") with the
exception of one; and that one would be unclassified.

Most of the roads through the university campus are just regular city
streets, so unclassified/residential.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"