[OSM-talk] State of the Map - Feedback

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Tue Jul 17 11:19:29 BST 2007

El Martes 17 de Julio de 2007, 80n escribió:
[...]
> Some questions:
> 1 Was it useful?

Yes! I would like to point out that it has been enlightening to meet OSMers
off-conference, while in the presence of alcoholic liquids. The amount of
ideas interchanged that way is great.

> 2 Would you attend again next year?

Definitively yes.

> 3 What was good about the conference?

Meeting OSMers ;-)

> 4 What was bad about the conference?

The rain, and the lack of stickers for my laptop.

> 6 Should it have been longer?

IMHO, it has been an OSM marathon. It has been a bit stressing to attend so
many talks a day, then have beers, then crash into bed, then repeat. IMHO, I
would have appreciated less talks per day, and expanding it to three days.

> 7 Was the food OK?

This has been the first time I've ever seen a queue for a free buffet. You
british guys are crazy: when there is a free buffet, people just have to rush
for the food!! :-P

> 8 Was the beer OK?

The Kro run out of IPA on saturday, and that's something I'll never forget :-P

> 9 Where should it be held next year?

I've already received some "suggestions" that it should be held in Spain, all
sunny and that... O:-)

Apart from that, somebody suggested somewhere in the netherlands. Or it could
be in shouthampton, so we could do "funny things" to the OS headquarters
while drunk O:-)

> 10 Any other comments?

Yes: I still owe a couple of beers to some OSMers, so I guess I'll have to pay
for the beers next year.

And, I've had a *great* time meeting you all. I'm really looking forward for
repeating the experience.

- --
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>

http://acm.asoc.fi.upm.es/~mr/
Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.17-1-686 kernel, KDE3.5.3, and PHP
5.2.3-1+b1 generating this signature.
Uptime: 12:03:45 up 19:15,  2 users,  load average: 0.72, 0.88, 0.83