[OSM-talk] Southwest UK mapping party

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 19:35:49 BST 2007

I'm also "penciling-in" a week of Devon/North Cornwall exploration in the
weekend of 31 August - 3rd September

The southwest of england has long been a white area on the OSM map of england,
and anyone wishing to critisize OSM finds it very easy to say "just look at
devon/cornwall" when illustrating our lack of completeness.

This will probably be a rural mapping event (my aim is to visit as many
coastal and fishing villages as I can).

If you prefer urban areas however, there are many including Exeter and Taunton
that have

For anyone in the geograph.org.uk website there are many of your "green
squares" in that area, places with fewer than one Creative Commons photos per
square kilometer.

Countryside mappers have 692km² of Exmoor to visit - can you create a map
which lets people navigate this wild area?  More importantly, can you trade
copiable maps for cream teas at the local shops?

I'm still looking for someone who lives in the area to help organise locations
and stuff. I chatted at SotM to someone living near there -- could you help
with suggesting possible venues?