[OSM-talk] State of the Map - Feedback

frank mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 18 01:48:02 BST 2007

80n wrote:
> While it is still fresh in everyones memory I would be very interesting in
> getting feedback about this year's conference.  This will help to make an
> even better conference next year.
>
> Any comments would be very welcome, but constructive criticism would be the
> most useful feedback.
>
> Some questions:
> 1 Was it useful?
> 2 Would you attend again next year?

Yes/Yes

> 3 What was good about the conference?

Was great to meet all those people behind the names

> 4 What was bad about the conference?

talks where a bit too packed .. 5min break between talks wold have been good

> 5 Was it good value for money?

Yes

Conference fee was low

Compared to Linuxtag/Berlin a month before:
- Hotel was expensive --- 30% more for same hotel chain/class
- Transport was about the same

> 6 Should it have been longer?

a weekend was just fine

> 7 Was the food OK?

was great, both lunch catering and dinner on sat/sun

> 8 Was the beer OK?

was great ..

> 9 Where should it be held next year?

some people mentioned unmapped areas ...
Lichtenstein, Monaco, Luxembourg have no data so far (someone check that
please) ... so how about mapping a whole Country in a day with a few
people :-)

> 10 Any other comments?

thanks to all who were involved in sotm organisation