[OSM-talk] State of the Map - Feedback

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Wed Jul 18 09:38:22 BST 2007

> 1 Was it useful?

It was definitely very useful getting to know the people. Plus it was fun.

> 2 Would you attend again next year?

If time/money permitts, yes.

> 3 What was good about the conference?

- Diverse, interesting talks. I liked the Lightning talks a lot because one could see what people actually do/want to do with OSM data. I also loved to get some input from "big shots" like Ed Parsons. Good Beer and food. Although exhausting, I liked the crammed schedule with talks and presentations. There was fortunately plenty of time to converse and discuss in the breaks/evenings.
- Superb organization. You guys did a great job at managing the conf. in an extremely professional manner. I am impressed.
- My wife loves the SOTM shirt.

> 4 What was bad about the conference?

- I second Frederik in that the legal talk was very interesting (and obviously people were very interested) but that there was too little time to actually come to something close to a consensus. Of course I didn't expect a ready drafted resolution, but there was plenty that could not be said.
- I had to sneak out on Sunday to catch my plane, so I couldn't attend any group photos (were there some taken?). Would be nice to not have that taken at the very end.
- The sign up website missed some information (like is the Foundation fee a one time fee or yearly) and was down pretty often.

> 5 Was it good value for money?
Definitely.

> 6 Should it have been longer?
No. The schedule was crammed and it was exhausting but I couldn effort being away for much longer and probably couldn't have come at all tehn.

> 7 Was the food OK?
Is that a rethorical question? Superb. You guys (and the sponsors) did a great job here. It was nice to have plenty of coffee/tea during the breaks as well.

> 8 Was the beer OK?
:-)))

> 9 Where should it be held next year?
Anywhere where travel expenses can be kept low. Therefore Europe sounds good. Flights to (especially) London are cheap too. So around that area might be nice...

Thanks again, to all involved in organizing that thing. I really enjoyed it (and the people) a lot.
spaetz