[OSM-talk] RFC: geodesy=pillar

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Wed Jul 18 09:51:41 BST 2007

On Wednesday 18 Jul 2007 02:16, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> El Martes, 17 de Julio de 2007, Ian Sergeant escribió:
> > Would the existing accepted tags of
> >
> > man_made=survey_point
> > name=foo
> > ref=bar
> >
> > Work?
> >
> > That is what I have used for survey pillars in the past.
>
> I really like that idea, specially if you already tagged some pillars that
> way.
>
> My only criticism about using man_made=survey_point is that the proposed
> icon is not the one we use in Spain (a black circle with a black triangle
> inside it).

I guess this suggests having a custom stylesheet for Spain, as an alternative
to the main OSM renderer. I think it's more important to represent them
consistently (as a trig point in Spain is presumably the same thing as a trig
point in the UK or anywhere else) and, if required, render them differently
in different countries.

Nick