[OSM-talk] Victoria, BC, Canada - Mapping Party 22nd - 23d Sep 2007

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 22:36:57 BST 2007

On 7/18/07, Nick Black <nickblack1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm going to be visiting Victoria, Canada for FOSS4G in September this
> year.  I have proposed a Mapping party for the weekend immediately
> preceding the conference - the 22nd - 23rd Sep.  As I have never been
> to Victoria, I need some help.  Immediatley, we need somewhere to meet
> on Saturday and Sunday morning, somewhere to meet at lunch times and a
> pub/bar to go to on Sat night.  Once we have these details, the FOSS4G
> organisers are going to publicise the mapping party to delegates - a
> great opportunity to get a load of FOSS GIS people interested in OSM.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.com/?lat=48.43125789248817&lon=-123.35091076646458&zoom=14
>
> So, if someone in the area can recommend somewhere to meet - that
> would be a great start.

As the sole mapper (currently) in Victoria, I can give you a pretty
good idea of what needs to be done. I suggest we meet downtown and
spread out from there, as there are some unmapped areas near downtown
and tonnes a bit further away.

I will have been in contact with a geography prof at a local college
(where in fact, I am going to be taking Geography next year) and he
might be able to bring out some local students.

Corey