[OSM-talk] talk Digest, Vol 35, Issue 108

frankie roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Thu Jul 19 09:21:08 BST 2007

> While it is still fresh in everyones memory I would be very interesting in
> getting feedback about this year's conference.  This will help to make an
> even better conference next year.

> Some questions:
> 1 Was it useful?

More 'interesting' than 'useful', although the Osmarender workshop I
attended was really useful (as well as interesting).

> 2 Would you attend again next year?

Yes, definitely!

> 3 What was good about the conference?

The fact that everything ran really smoothly should not be overlooked
- well done to the organisers.

I also think that having most of the talks being half an hour long was
really good. Conferences where the talks are an hour long can really
drag. The packed programme meant you really felt like you were
learning a lot of different things in a short space of time.

> 4 What was bad about the conference?

Not a huge amount. Occasionally a bit cliquey, but generally it was
pretty welcoming of relative newcomers.

> 5 Was it good value for money?

Yes, by far. Could have been double the price, although the low-price
probably helped attract people, particularly as it's less of the kind
of event that you can easily claim on work expenses.

> 6 Should it have been longer?

No. Arguably, it would attract more people if it was a day long (less
hassle having to find accommodation and so on), but the 2 days allowed
more talks and discussion.

> 7 Was the food OK?

Excellent.

> 8 Was the beer OK?

I couldn't stay for the evening do, so n/a.

> 9 Where should it be held next year?

London :) Or another city in the UK with good train links. Think it
should stay in the UK to maintain momentum - maybe have spin-off
conferences abroad, if desired?

> 10 Any other comments?

Nothing other than thanks and congratulations. I've been to a lot of
crap conferences, so was really pleased with the quality of the event!

Frankie Roberto