[OSM-talk] For the foundation AGM

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jul 19 15:16:39 BST 2007

In message <6F083475-7DDD-4631-B613-1717B8A45F24 at remote.org>
        Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

>> My thought was that all things should be discussed here, then set to a
>> vote at the AGM without much (or even any) further debate because the
>> debate would have already happened, and most of the votes would have
>> been decided in advance and be done by proxy.
>
> I don't think a "democatic" principle by which only Foundation
> members would be able to vote and in which vote results would remain
> in place unchallenged until next year would do the project any good.

An extraordinary general meeting can be called without waiting for
the next annual general meeting - see the articles:

  "The Board may whenever they think fit convene an Extraordinary
   General Meeting, and Extraordinary General Meetings shall also be
   convened on such requisition, or in default may be convened by such
   requisitionists, as provided by section 368 of the Act.

The relevant section of the current companies act (the 2006 one which
has come in since the articles were written) appears to be 303:

  http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006/60046--n.htm#303

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)