[OSM-talk] Random changes in Cambridge

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Fri Jul 20 11:56:28 BST 2007

It appears that someone is has been making random changes to areas of
West Cambridge (if it is you, please stop!). Nodes are being moved into
arbitrary places, Ways created in the middle of nowhere.

I looked at the file JOSM downloads, but the nodes and ways affected are
unattributed. One such node is 20921922. (I have just changed it back so
the most recent version will be mine).

How can we identify the person doing this to let them know what they are
doing? I don't think it is necessarily deliberate vandalism - I'm
guessing someone is playing with Potlatch not realising the changes get
committed as you make them.

David