[OSM-talk] Cycle Route Tags / Pushing forward the Cycle Layer

mike mike at bristolbeat.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 12:04:57 BST 2007

Thanks Dave,  I unsubscribed there for a while as my inbox was getting out
of control, and so I missed this very interesting thread :)

There is obviously an issue with the data structure, which may be more of a
dev issue.  It's almost like an uber-way data type is needed that links
multiple ways and gives them additional tags.  I think several people are
already considering these issues.

I'm going to stick to ncn_ref and lcn_ref for now.  This will work with the
renderer , which I am also looking at (I don't think bar:ref will work so
easily).  It does seem a little unfair that to use the UK variant but
"National Cycle Network / Local Cycle Network" seems like it should
translate fairly well.

I'm playing with a copy of tiles at Home at the moment to create my own cycle
layer render and very interested in seeing a working cycle layer for the UK
/ Europe / World being developped.  I will apply for a dev account and see
if anything can be done to encourage this, as it would hopefully pull
together all the cycle enthusiasts and introduce some standardisation to the
tagging.

Is anyone able to help me obtain a dev account for the purpose of pushing
forward the cycle layer?

Is anyone else currently working on / interested in helping to push forward
the cycle layer?

Regards,  mike