[OSM-talk] SOTM07 conference recordings - licensing issues

J. Oates jdloates at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 18:20:12 BST 2007

There has been some discussion on the SOTM wiki talk page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Talk:The_State_Of_The_Map about my
choice of CC-BY-SA-NC licensing for the conference audio recordings and
whether straight CC-BY-SA would be more appropriate.
I admit that I chose CC-BY-SA-NC in a little haste as I was keen to get on
with the actual work of cleaning and uploading the files, and did not spend
much time considering the pros and cons.
I had thought that some of the conference speakers might object to CC-BY-SA
and that CC-BY-SA-NC would be the safest course. I should be grateful for
your opinions on the issue, and in particular would like to hear from
speakers who would be happy for me to change the licence to CC-BY-SA for
their particular recording. Jon Oates