[OSM-talk] "Legal" tags

Jens Müller jens.mueller at ira.uka.de
Sat Jul 21 11:31:22 BST 2007

What about tagging roads/paths with information that reflects legal
regulations for that road, like traffic restrictions (e.g., for
different types of vehicles), speed limits etc.

Of course, such information (with a reasonable level of detail) would be
highly jurisdiction specific. My hope is that like this, we can gather
_exact_ information (_which_ trafffic sign there is ...), which can then
be processed to result in information like "There is a obligatory
cycling path."

Following the highway codes is a very detailed and accurate ontology to
start with ...

What do you think about this idea?