[OSM-talk] New key, attraction= - use for museums, etc?

frankie roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Mon Jul 23 00:13:57 BST 2007

> > Whilst it might be unadvisable to add yet another key, 'attraction'
> > seems to me to be a useful addition, that's not covered by any of the
> > others.
> >
> I don't see any value of this!
>
> Adding another topic without a real need, will just add more confusion
> while adding new tags ...

It'd mostly be useful for adding new tags/features, as deciding
between amenity, tourism or leisure is difficult and confusing (as
evidenced by the numerous discussions on the wiki).

There would be no huge need to move existing tags in the database, as
it's simple for a renderer to allow a value within either key.

Frankie