[OSM-talk] More on cartography

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 11:03:19 BST 2007

In my talk at SOTM I mentioned a further conference for anyone
interested in cartography in the wider sense than just the OSM field. I
would encourage you to have a look at the programme and consider
attending some or all of this excellent networking opportunity, and to
also listen to AND INFLUENCE "traditional cartographers".
Artem Pavlenko and Nick Black are both giving presentations, and will be
sharing a platform with the People's Map project (should be
interesting!).
Also included in the programme are presentations on map design, GIS,
Data sharing (an OS presenter!); workshops on Pictometry, LIDAR and
Illustrator; and also NickW and I will be hosting a short mapping event
in Portsmouth one afternoon.
Attendance is very reasonably priced, with accommodation included in the
price.

More details are available at:
http://www.port.ac.uk/special/soc/

A publicity sheet (PDF) and short video trailer (WMV) are available at:
http://www.port.ac.uk/special/soc/publicity/

The video is also on YouTube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StwDEzuUgo8

Have a look. I hope to see some of you there.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk