[OSM-talk] OSM as Map Publishers (was Re: TomTom acqures TeleAltas)

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 17:02:36 BST 2007

One map - the mapnik rendering (as it stands at the moment this
represents the data in the most professional manner IMO).
Niche stuff like cycle-specific output (which you [AndyA] recently
nicely previewed), etc should be supported but not necessarily hosted on
core OSM hardware. CTC, Sustrans (whose online maps I have NOT been
impressed by) etc asked to put funding up for this perhaps.

And in answer to Tom C's points in separate email:
Yes it should not be so hidden. Maybe someone could highlight the
technique for producing URL with separate marker and centre locations if
it is not on wiki.
Provision of a key was touched on at SOTM conference. Perhaps that, and
this discussion, will prompt someone to take that topic and run with it.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk