[OSM-talk] More stuff on begginners page

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Mon Jul 23 23:13:06 BST 2007

As an OSM newbie, there are a few things I think should be on the 'Beginners' info pages. This info is all available elsewhere, but I found it hard work to track it down when it should be available right up front.

 - How to create a User's page and add categories so that I appeared in the 'Users in Australia' list.

 - A link to the Talk email lists.

 - On the Render page, a clearer discussion of the difference between mapnik, tiles at home and osmarender. Just a paragraph would do.

Cheers,
Brent.

Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer