[OSM-talk] buildings

Steve Coast steve at asklater.com
Tue Jul 24 21:59:01 BST 2007

I went to central london today and had 15 minutes so I grabbed a load
of streets. As I tag them up, I've noticed how all the buildings are
fairly well outlined in the aerial imagery even if they are slightly
off due to parallax of the offset camera not being over the top of
every building. That is, you can see the some of the sides of the
buildings often.

It strikes me that doing all the building outlines in london is very
possible, and something we can do without visiting.

So, my question is what's the status of building=* and what is the
status of mapnik and t at h rendering it?

If those two or three things line up, should we start putting in the
outlines of lots of buildings?

have fun,