[OSM-talk] BBC Berkshire's Google Maps flood mashup

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Wed Jul 25 12:30:52 BST 2007

At 11:59 AM 24/07/2007, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
>El Tuesday 24 July 2007 12:51:04 frankie roberto escribió:
>> If there was a simple interface allowing you to (collaboratively?)
>> draw areas of water on top of a street map, that'd be pretty
>> interesting/useful right now!
>
>Do you mean Potlach and "natural=water"??
>
>;-)

There needs to be a separate OSM database for time transient projects like this that could then be combined with the "regular" database.  It could also be used for special projects (underground cave maps might be an example), personal projects, children's mapping projects etc.  The last example interests me in conjunction with OJW's Sketch demo.  Hoping to do something myself but that might be a pious wish.

Mike