[OSM-talk] Private GPS tracks (was something else)

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:05:16 BST 2007

On 7/26/07, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at web.de> wrote:
> user base. I'm just not using it personally, mostly because I don't want
> to upload my GPS tracks - and in this case potlatch becomes useless :-)

Initially I didn't upload my GPS tracks. But I was told that it's
better to do so, because then OSM will have some ammo if there ever is
a copyright dispute (and the user that contributed the edits cannot be
located to testify). Now I upload my tracks even though I'm not
completely happy with the privacy issues.

Ulf, would you be willing to store copies of your tracks in a vault somewhere ?

Creating a such a vault would be as simple as setting up a mail
account with lots of GB, e.g. gmail.