[OSM-talk] FYI: t at h uploads still unprocessed (status report)

Thu Jul 26 07:20:19 BST 2007

Executive summary:
Due to long running data base conversion (24h and going), new tiles are
being uploaded but not processed yet at the moment.

Long version:
Yesterday at 9am UK time OJW(almien) started the conversion of the
tiles_metadata table from MyISAM to InnoDB. This is 1.7GB of data a 2GB
of indexes. Today, about 24h later, the table conversion is still
running. Processed tiles are still being uploaded (about 1GB of zip
files as you can see from the shiny new Munin stats at
http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/dev.openstreetmap.html#T@H)
but until the tiles_meta data becomes available again, we can't process
the new files.

In hindsight, we should have dumped the data and reloaded it into a
fresh database rather than converting it, but that insight is too late now.

Spaetz

OJW: Can't we just turn on the processing without uploading meta data
for now? Of course that will lead to some false meta data, but at least
uploads could be processed and meta data will catch up over time...