[OSM-talk] Potlatch and the destruction of good work (N6 Ireland)

Thu Jul 26 12:40:28 BST 2007

Dermot McNally wrote:

> Apologies - that was unfair of me, and I know that you've caught a lot
> of flak over things like this that are as much side-effects of what
> Potlatch is as they are actual flaws in it. What happened to my data
> wouldn't have happened without a tool like Potlatch making the map so
> editable - but we do want that level of access, so that's a constraint
> we need to work within.

Heh, don't worry. I just see the subject line and think "oh no, my
SQL's got another bug in it".

> I'm assuming that this would only have worked with public edits, but
> there's a really good reason why it certainly work now. I fixed the
> mess, neatly implicating myself :-(

Ah, yes, you're right that doesn't work with non-public edits. You
can, however, get previous editors from
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.4/way/57/history .

Some really good suggestions in this thread and a parallel one in
talk-gb. I've bookmarked both.

cheers
Richard